Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Barr Mansion for Lee Leffingwell fundraiser

Well the highlight of my day yesterday was that I was invited to go to a fundraising event for Lee Leffingwell, running mayor candidate for Austin, Texas.

The event was at Barr Mansion, that place is absolutely amazing. It was such a beautiful property and everyone was so friendly. I met a few interesting people, one of them being Lee Leffingwell himself :)

I met an interesting green entrepreneur who makes compost tea. Unfortunately I did not get the name of his company nor contact info but it made for a great conversation. Click on tea compost to learn more from wikipedia. Pretty interesting concept. He also is working towards building a sustainable development that is completely green; he makes the houses out of natural products, like adobe houses.

In addition to that, I met an individual that is an animator/film maker/ and carpenter. Modern day renaissance man, much like myself.

It was an interesting experience to have attending this fundraising event, considering that I have never been to something like this. Its a bit intimidating to show up to an event with a bunch of people that I dont know but I managed.

I was also fortunate enough to meet a grant write from America Youth Works that was really interested in the Social Innovatin Hub that I am working on with a group of entreprneurs. Youth Works is opening up a green collars education program in south austin and it falls in line with what we are doing with the Austin Social Innovation Hub.

I was able to meet and greet Lee, shortly after his speech at the event. I mentioned to him briefly about the Social Innovation Hub and Social Innovation Incubator and he said "lets meet once I win office" so lets keep our fingers crossed. That would be great to get the mayors support on this developement from the get go.

After that event I left and hung out with my friend Justin a.k.a. Tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget

Gotta remember the past

Money tips

BizNas

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget